2-year-old perishes in house fire

Posted: 2021-03-01T07:23:17Z Read: 579 times
2-year-old perishes in house fire

Police at Entebbe are investigating an incident of Rush and Neglect which happened today 26/02/2021 at around 0900 hours. The incident followed a fire outbreak at Lugonjo in one of the rental houses of one Saidi.


The police fire brigade truck from Entebbe was dispatched and the fire was completely extinguished.


Luke Owoyesigyire the KMP PRO says the crime scene was later visited by detectives from Entebbe Police station and Scene of crime officers.


One body was recovered out of the burnt house, the deceased has been identified as Kizito Ackram male Juvenile 2 years. 


Preliminary investigations have shown that the mother of the deceased a one Aisha Nalubega left her two children sleeping this morning while the room was dark without power since Electricity was off.


It is alleged that one of the children five years old, lit a candle which fell on the mattress causing the fire.


Statements have been recorded from relevant witnesses, Ash samples collected and body taken to City Mortuary Mulago for postmortem examination.