Police Swarm Lil Wayne's Miami Beach Mansion

Posted: 2015-11-04T07:40:02Z

Miami-Dade police told Local 10 that the operation, spotted from the sky at about 5 p.m., was part of a civil case.



Few details were released, but last month, TMZ revealed that Weezy -- aka Dwayne Carter, Jr. -- was being sued by his private jet company for failing to pay a $55,000-per-month lease on his Gulfstream II. A judge ruled that he'll have to pay $2 million in late fees and court costs.



Miami-Dade police didn't immediately return calls for comment, but the Miami New Times confirmed that it was a repossession:


To recover that cash, Signature Group asked [Miami-Dade County Judge Lisa] Walsh to authorize a "break order," basically giving them permission to storm Wayne's house -- with or without permission -- to obtain his assets.

The Signature Group's initial request was denied, because the judge said they hadn't proved he had property inside the $4 million waterfront house.

But, after the Signature Group was able to obtain photos proving that Lil Wayne did have assets inside his mansion -- which is currently up for sale -- a judge signed a new order on Friday authorizing the break-in.



This incident follows a March report about four people being shot inside Lil Wayne’s Miami Beach home which authorities said was all a hoax.


A SWAT team stormed the rapper’s luxury La Gorce Island mansion on a Wednesday afternoon and went from room to room following a tense, two-hour investigation from outside.


“Unfortunately this appears to be a ‘Swatting’ call,” Miami Beach Police tweeted at 2:54 p.m. "MBPD handles all calls of this nature in a serious manner. In this case it appears to have (been) a hoax."


Young Money, the rapper's record label, tweeted that the rapper was not home at the time of the incident and "is okay."


The rapper later echoed that statement, tweeting to his 21.8 million followers, "Prank kall mane."


 A SWAT team burst into the waterfront residence around 2:30 p.m. after police said a call placed by a man to a non-emergency line at 12:45 p.m. reported that he had shot four people.


 Police Det. Ernesto Rodriguez said attempts to make contact with anyone inside the home failed.  His department previously acknowledged that the entire incident could be a prank.