There is panic amongst residents of Entebbe Municipality, after the Ministry of Health confirmed that it is currently isolating four foreign nationals at Entebbe Hospital.
The foreigners, according to Emmanuel Ainebyoona the Health ministry spokesperson, were picked up from Entebbe International Airport by the surveillance team after presenting with flu and cough symptoms.
"Samples have been collected and are being tested at UVRI. The Ministry of Health will inform the public accordingly" Ainebyoona said.
Adding, that Ministry of Health requests the general public to remain calm and follow the provided preventive measures.
He further insisted, there is no confirmed case of COVID-19 in the country.
On Sunday, a video of a woman using a handkachief as a mask, went viral on social media. In the video, the woman claims to have been told by security guards manning Entebbe hospital, that four Chinese Nationals with confirmed cases of Corona Virus had been brought to the hospital.
This increased panic amongst the population with many fearing that the deadly virus could have found its way into the country.