Kyagulanyi blocked from proceeding to Alebtong as EC summons him for ignoring COVID19 SOPs

Posted: 2020-12-12T14:24:19Z Read: 1,329 times
Kyagulanyi blocked from proceeding to Alebtong as EC summons him for ignoring COVID19 SOPs

The National Unity Platform presidential candidate Robert Kyagulany Ssentamu has been blocked by Military and Police in a swamp on their way to Alebtong.


While crying foul, Kyagulanyi told his followers on his facebook page that they had been blocked and yet no one was talking to them.


“We are blocked in front and from behind. As for now, we cannot know what their plans are.
This is the third time the police is blocking us today. The whole world is watching all this injustice and someday, all those that are responsible for these criminal acts will be held accountable individually” Kyagulanyi said.


Currently, Bobi Wine is engaged in a standoff with security agents.


Meanwhile, the electoral commission summoned Kyagulanyi for continued breach of election guidelines/standard operation procedures to control the spread of COVID-19.


In a letter dated 10th December 2020, the EC wants Kyagulanyi to appear before commissioners on 14th December over the matter.


“You may recall in your last meeting with the commission on 2nd December, 2020, you were reminded to comply with the said guidelines in order to protect the citizens of this country from COVID19 infection including yourself as a candidate” the EC chairman Justice Simon Mugenyi Byabakama stated.


Adding that; “despite what the commission communicated in the above stated meeting, and the press communications on the matter, you have continued to ignore and/or neglect observing the Standard Operating Procedures by holding mass rallies and processions contrary to established guidelines thereby risking the lives of the people.”


Kyagulanyi is expected at the EC headquarters on Monday December 14th at 10:00am.