Three people including a 5 year old child have been electrocuted to death in Kasenge Trading Centre following an illegal power connection.
According to ASP Luke Owoyesigyire Deputy PRO KMP, the incident occurred at about at 7am on Thursday morning.
The deceased have been identified as Annet, 24, her sister Asiimwe Babirye, 35, and 5-year-old Jeremiah Sekalenzi.
Owoyesigyire narrates that the house where the sisters were renting did not have electricity, forcing them to illegally tap power from the neighborhood.
However, when Annet washed clothes thins morning, she hung them wet on one of the wires that had a link to power connection causing the electricity to shock her. Her hands remained in contact with the live wire.
She made alarm that attracted her sister Babirye Asiimwe who came out of the house to help and touched Annet with bare hands to save her and she was also electrocuted.
Asiimwe too made an alarm and her five-year-old child, Sekalenzi came to help his mother. He too touched his mother and was electrocuted.
The trio died instantly. The neighbors would later come and disconnect the wire from the power.
Police picked the bodies and conveyed them to the city mortuary Mulago for a post mortem.
The police cautioned members of the public to avoid illegal power connections as they are dangerous and it is a criminal offence to illegally connect your residence to the national grid.