Shock as child burns to death in Kikube District

Posted: 2019-08-15T19:16:50Z
Shock as child burns to death in Kikube District

Shock has gripped residents in Kikuube district where a 5-year-old girl was burnt to death in a house fire and her brother critically injured.  

Police identified the deceased as Judith Katusiime while the injured is 3-year-old Nelson Kabagambe, both children of Judith Kwerema, a resident of Kitoole Village in Buhimba Sub County.

The unfortunate incident happened last night around 11pm when the children were left unattended by their mother a one Kwerema who was away attending night prayers in the nearby trading center. 

Julius Hakiza, the Albertine Region Police Spokesperson says Kwerema left the candle burning as the children went to bed. The candle sparked off fire that spread to the entire house burning the children. 

According to residents, they heard the helpless children screaming for help and forced the door open. 

The minors were then rushed to Hoima Regional Referral Hospital where Katusiime was pronounced dead on arrival while Kabagambe is still admitted in critical condition.