Bobi Wine Defies Police orders; I know My home

Posted: 2018-09-19T12:52:10Z Read: 5,220 times
Bobi Wine Defies Police orders; I know My home

Kyadondo East MP Hon. Robert Kyagulanyi aka Bobi Wine has responded to a statement issued by police spokesperson Emilian Kayima barring his friends, fans and other leaders from showing up to welcome him at Entebbe Airport when he touches ground from US tomorrow afternoon.

Police mouthpiece Kayima issued a statement this morning warning members of the public to desist from engaging in any procession or rally called in the name of Bobi, since his home had not sought permission from police as stipulated in the Public Order Management Act 2013. 

Kayima explained that only family members would be allowed at the airport.

However, in response, the Kyadondo East MP said he read the statement while in the waiting lounge in Amsterdam, but will not heed to anything.

“They also said they will escort me to my home!! Why do these police officers allow themselves to descend so low? They now want to decide who picks me and where I go upon arrival?

Well, for your information, no single family member will receive me at the airport, I will find them home coz I know where home is. I will be received by friends, colleague leaders and artistes” He said.

While police said they would drive him directly to his home, Bobi says he will make a brief stopover at  Najjanankumbi to see his sickly grandmother and from there he will head to Kamwokya for lunch with his family (brothers and sisters) before going to his home in Magere. 

“I am a free Ugandan with the right to movement freely in my country. The police has no business telling me who receives me and who cannot or where I go and where I cannot. This impunity must stop!

Wama see you friends tomorrow” he signed out.

Police and sister security agencies have already deployed in Kampala and on roads heading to Entebbe to stop any processions or rallies that have been planned by Bobi’s fans.

The legislator has been in the US for over 3 weeks seeking specialized medical care and meeting his lawyers following his alleged torture while in military custody after the August 13th fatal events in Arua that left one person dead.