St. Mary’s Lacor Hospital in Gulu has denounced as rumors, reports that two COVID-19 Patients died at their hospital’s isolation ward, marking the country’s first ever deaths to the disease.
According to a press statement from Lacor Hospital, last week they received 3 patients who presented with signs similar to those of COVID-19. Unfortunately, two of these later passed on Sunday.
However, the hospital says the two patients were referrals from other neighboring health facilities and came with other underlying diseases.
“They also reached the hospital in very critical condition. The reason we isolated them is because, besides other underlying conditions, they met the MOH criteria for COVID-19 suspicion. We are now waiting for results of samples from these patients” the hospital management writes.
Management says they continue to be alert and screen all patients at all entry points into the hospital. As of Monday yesterday 27th April 2020, the hospital had not registered any confirmed case of COVID-19.
“We urge the public to remain calm but vigilant, and to report or refer any person who may be having signs and symptoms of COVID-19” the hospital wrote.